Monday, January 24, 2011

Baby Bee Invitations...

Last week I gave a little preview of the Baby Bee shower that I hosted this weekend.  One of my good friends has a last name that starts with the letter "B" and I have been calling the baby "Baby B" ever since I found out she was pregnant.  They are probably going to give the baby a "B" first name too, so I thought a "Baby Bee" shower would be perfect.

When we heard Baby B was a girl, I decided a color palate of yellow, orange, pink and gray would be nice, and I found the perfect ribbon from May Arts.  I designed the little bee in inkscape, and wrapped it all up with the ribbon and a "baby bee" tag in a Papersource petal enclosure.

The calligraphy is mine, scanned into Inkscape and colored gray to match the rest of the invitation.  I mixed up some gray ink to address the invitations.  This was the first time I had done a return address in calligraphy and I loved the way it turned out.  I also got lucky at the post office-- they just happened to have the perfect extra-postage stamp for the square envelopes!
We also thought something like a guest book would be nice, so I made little notecards for people to sign with their wishes for Baby B.   At the end of the shower, we wrapped them up and sent them home for mom and dad-to-be to read together.
Stay tuned for bee cookies, behive cupcakes, how to turn a yellow M&M into a bee, and what happens when a yellow lab takes on bees!

No comments:

Post a Comment